Santa Clara County Fire Department (SCCFD) offers American Heart Association (AHA) Hands Only CPR/AED training (no certification, 90 minutes) and Heartsaver CPR/AED training (2-year certification, 4 hours). SCCFD does not offer First Aid training or Healthcare Provider/BLS training for EMTs, RNs or other professional rescuers.
CPR/AED AHA On Demand Blended Learning Course
(2-year CPR/AED Certification Card)
This is an AHA Heartsaver® CPR/AED blended learning course (online and in-person) and includes:
• Adult, Child & Infant CPR
• How to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• How to assist someone who is choking
• 2-year Heartsaver® CPR/AED AHA course completion card with CPR mask and gloves kit
Blended Learning Course has two parts:
1. Online videos and guided interactive exercises (2 to 3 hours to complete) that may be completed in one session or broken up into several sessions.
2. In-person skills practice and testing session (will take approximately 30 minutes) at a drop-in training site in Los Gatos, CA following social distancing requirements.
REGISTER: To register for a CPR class or for upcoming safety classes, visit: http://sccfd.eventbrite.com
Hands Only ONLINE CPR/AED/Choking Class
Hands Only CPR/AED/Choking Class is currently offered ONLINE. Participants will learn how to perform high-quality chest compressions on an adult and child, utilize an AED, and aid an adult or child who is choking.
Most often, citizens will need to perform CPR on a family member, friend, or co-worker. Learn how to perform proper compressions and how to use an AED in the precious moments before first responders arrive. This class follows the American Heart Association (AHA) CPR/AED curriculum.
Participants will learn:
- How to perform chest compressions
- Learn what an automatic external defibrillator (AED) is and how to use it
- How to aid an adult or child who is choking
To participate in this class, please ensure you have the following ready:
- Access to the Zoom Application via a computer, laptop, or iPad
- Ability to turn your camera ON so the AHA Instructor can view you performing proper chest compressions
- Access to a pillow or large stuffed animal to practice chest compressions
Participants will NOT receive a two-year CPR/AED certification card.
To receive a CPR certification card, register for the On Demand Blended Learning AHA Heartsaver CPR/AED certification class listed above.
Follow Santa Clara County Fire Department on Eventbrite to stay informed about upcoming safety classes and community events: www.sccfd.eventbrite.com
Additional Providers for CPR/AED & First Aid Training:
No matter how rapid the arrival of professional emergency responders, bystanders will always be first on the scene. A person who is bleeding can die from blood loss within five minutes, therefore it is important to quickly stop the blood loss. Those nearest to someone with life-threatening injuries are best positioned to provide first care.
You may be able to save a life by taking these simple actions immediately after the trauma.