3 hours - FREE
Learn how to prepare to be on your own for several days after the next large disaster. Training includes review of disaster supply kit, home and workplace preparedness, treating life threatening conditions, fire prevention, fire extinguishers and hazardous materials.
Are You Prepared to...Help yourself...Help your family… and add a little PEP into your life!
When disaster strikes, it may be days before emergency medical, police and fire arrive in your neighborhood. The purpose of this course in Personal Emergency Preparedness is to inform and prepare individuals to be self sufficient for days after an area wide emergency. This course will assist individuals and families to plan and be prepared in event of an emergency or disaster. The Personal Emergency Preparedness course is a 3-hour class designed for families to be able to survive the first 72 hours of a disaster.
Emergency Preparedness topics include:
- The impact of an area-wide disaster for individuals and community
- Workplace and home safety
- Earthquake emergency supplies to have available
- Fire safety and how to use a fire extinguisher
- What to do when your phones don’t work; how to contact your family members
- When and how to turn gas/electrical/water off
- Household hazardous materials
2019 PEP Class Schedule
TO REGISTER: Click on a date below
- January 8 - Tuesday, 6:00 - 9:15 pm • Campbell
- February 23 - Saturday, 9:00 - 12:15 pm • Los Altos Hills
- March 19 - Tuesday, 4:00 - 7:15 pm • Los Altos
- April 20 - Saturday, 9:00 - 12:15pm • Saratoga
- May 9 - Thursday, 4:00 - 7:15pm • Los Gatos/Monte Sereno
- June 12 - Wednesday, 4:00 - 7:15pm • Campbell
- July 25 - Thursday, 6:00 - 9:15pm • Los Altos Hills
- August 24 - Saturday, 9:00 - 12:15pm • Cupertino
- September 19 - Thursday, 6:00 - 9:15pm • Los Altos
- October 9 - Wednesday, 6:00 - 9:15pm • Los Gatos/Monte Sereno
- November 14 - Thursday, 6:00 - 9:15pm • Saratoga
- December 3 - Thursday, 6:00 - 9:15pm • Cupertino
(408) 378-4010 or email@example.com
For additional resources and information, visit the Home Preparedness Planning page.