Santa Clara County Fire Department offers American Heart Association Hands Only CPR/AED training (no certification, 90 minutes) and Heartsaver CPR/AED training (2-year certification, 4 hours). Please see below for class information and schedule.
At this time, SCCFD does not offer First Aid training or Healthcare Provider/BLS training for EMTs, RNs or other professional rescuers.
Hands Only CPR/AED/Choking Class
Participants will learn how to perform high quality chest compressions on an adult and child, utilize an AED, and aid an adult or child who is choking. Most often, citizens will need to perform CPR on a family member, friend or co-worker. Learn how to perform high quality compressions and use an AED in the precious moments before first responders arrive.
FREE 90 minute Hands Only CPR/AED/choking class.
Participants will NOT receive a two-year CPR/AED certification card.
To receive a CPR certification card, register below for an AHA Heartsaver CPR/AED certification class.
2018 CLASS Schedule: Click on a date below to register:
- January 31 - Saturday, 6:00 - 7:30pm • Los Altos Hills
- February 7 - Wednesday, 6:00 - 7:30pm • Cupertino
- March 28 - Wednesday, 6:00 - 7:30pm • Los Gatos/Monte Sereno
- April 5 - Thursday, 6:00 - 7:30pm • Saratoga
- April 25 - Wednesday, 6:00 - 7:30pm • Campbell
- May 31 - Thursday, 6:00 - 7:30pm • Cupertino
- June 6 - Wednesday, 6:00 - 7:30pm • Los Altos
- August 8 - Wednesday, 6:00 - 7:30pm • Los Altos
- August 29 - Wednesday, 6:00 - 7:30pm • Los Gatos/Monte Sereno
- September 11 - Tuesday, 6:00 - 7:30pm • Saratoga
- September 26 - Wednesday, 6:00 - 7:30pm • Los Altos
- November 7 - Wednesday, 6:00 - 7:30pm • Campbell
Heartsaver CPR/AED Class
Heartsaver CPR/AED is designed for persons who are required to obtain a course certification card documenting completion of a CPR course, except for those requiring healthcare provider/BLS. In this skills-based class, you will be trained in the new "Science of CPR" and "Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction." You will demonstrate the proper technique and sequence of CPR for adult, child and infant. You will also receive instruction and hands-on-training for using an AED (Automated External Defibrillator).
At the completion of this class, you will obtain a 2-year Heartsaver CPR/AED certification card.
Note: This class is not for a BLS Healthcare Provider or HeartCode certification card or a Heartsaver Pediatric certification card.
REGISTER: To register for a Heartsaver CPR/AED class, please contact one of the following locations listed below or search the online catalog or activity guides by using keyword CPR:
- Campbell Community Center - 408.866.2138 (Search for 'CPR')
- Saratoga Recreation Department - 408.868.1249 (Click on 'Recreation Programs')
Who can enroll in the course?
Classes are for ages 13 years and older without any prerequisite.
If the student is under 18 years old, a parent or guardian must check student into class and sign a waiver at the beginning of class.
Please contact one of the locations listed above for dates and times of upcoming CPR classes.
Campbell (the exact location of class will be provided once registered).
6:00PM - 10:00PM on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Disclaimer: The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
Santa Clara County Fire Department personnel