14850 South Winchester Blvd
Los Gatos, CA 95032
The Winchester station was constructed in 1965. It opened in May of 1966 as Los Gatos Fire Department Station 3. The station’s original design included a dormitory, a office, a kitchen/day room, an apparatus room, a shop and other storage areas.
Winchester Maintenance Shop
Built in 1980, this 3-bay 1,750 sq. ft. shop hosts 4 mechanics who maintain and service all fire apparatuses/fleet vehicles for the Santa Clara County Fire Department.
T85 is a 2002 KME quint with a 1500 gpm pump, 300 gallon water tank, 75' rear mounted aerial ladder and 25 gallon Class "A" foam tank. It has a Detroit diesel 475 HP series 60 engine and an Allison 4066 transmission. It has a 10K generator and carries a full Hurst rescue tool complement, EMS equipment, full NFPA ground ladder complement and large diameter hose.
USAR 85 is a select call two-part unit consisting of a 2003 Ford 550 crew cab 4x4 and a 16' dual axle trailer. The two-part unit is OES certified and each can be dispatched to incidents as needed. The truck has a pull-out tool storage area making tool access easier and more efficient. The USAR carries supplies and equipment necessary for urban search and rescue. The USAR is a component of our Special Operations Task Force.
The construction of Winchester fire station completed the fire department section of the capitol improvements bond election approved by voters in May 1962. The station was dedicated and opened in May 1966. The station was originally station # 3 of the Los Gatos fire department prior to consolidation with the Central Fire Protection District in 1970.
Size: 2,812 sq. ft. 2-bay, single deep, drive-through