Rebuilt in 2004, the new station is a two-story four bay station. Built to accommodate the growing needs of the Saratoga Fire District, the new station was designed with the business areas downstairs, and the living quarters upstairs. The main apparatus bay has two double deep bays, and one single depth bay. There is an additional, separate bay that is use by the county ambulance company.
In order to accommodate the needs of the citizens of Saratoga, the station was built to include a classroom/community room. Various clubs and organizations around the Saratoga area can use the room as a meeting place.
A 2008 KME is the first out unit for all responses in Saratoga's area. It is also assigned to Strike Team XSC-2302A.
A 2010 KME fulfills the rescue needs of the Saratoga area. R73 is the select call resource for many of Department's Full first responses. R73 frequently responds to the Highway 9 corridor for vehicle extrications, and over the side rescues.
A 2009 International/Placer is the type 3 engine responding to the Saratoga/West Valley area. E373 is assigned to Strike Team CNT-2310C. E373 is cross-staffed with the crews from either E73 or R73.
A 2003 KME. E173 is a reserve engine housed at SA.
A 1994 Spartan/Hi-tech. A former Saratoga Fire District first out Engine, it is now dedicated to the Volunteer driver program.
The first Saratoga fire station was originally built as a garage around 1925. In 1957, the Saratoga Fire District bought the garage and remodeled it, adding a kitchen, and a dormitory. The Fire District operated out of the building with an ever-expanding fleet and roster. Finally in 2000, the Saratoga community voted to approve bond money to build a new station at the present site. In 2003, land behind the old station was purchased to house a temporary station while the new one was built. In September of 2004, Saratoga’s first real firehouse was dedicated. In 2008, the Saratoga Fire District entered into a contract for service with the Santa Clara County Fire Department.
Size: 15,435 sq.ft.
3-Bay, double deep, 1 bay single deep, back in