The new station was built in 1998 and has two apparatus bays. The Quito Station serves an urban suburban area as well as a large rural area in Steven’s Canyon.
Engine 78 is a 2003 KME.
Engine 178 (Reserve) is a 2000 KME.
Engine 678 (Type 6) is a 2002 Ford F550/Ferrara 4x4. The type 6 carries 200 gallons of water and having a build up built on a Ford F550, it can be very maneuverable in the Wildland urban areas. Centrally located, the type 6 responds from the Highway 17 corridor to the Saratoga Gap. It also forms the Santa Clara County Wildland Task Force.
In 1947 & 1948, a trailer was parked at Saratoga Los Gatos/Saratoga Avenue and the Quito station personnel operated behind a maintenance garage until completion of the current station at Hwy 9 and Austin way. The Quito station is the last original Central Fire Station remaining. Quito Station's first fire engines were a 1948 FMC/International and a 1948 Autocar. The 1948 Autocar held 1000 gallons and ran as tanker 4 out of Quito station and was originally an Associated Oil Company Tanker. It was later replaced in 1961 with a 1961 International/Van Pelt carrying 1250 gallons.
Size: 5,400 sq. ft. 3-bay, single deep, back in