Los Altos Fire Station
10 Almond Ave
Los Altos, CA 94022

Get Directions
Los Altos Vista Fire Station

The Los Altos Fire Station is located on the corner of Almond Avenue and San Antonio Avenue. The station's response area borders Palo Alto and Mountain View to the north and east. It also borders with El Monte's area to the west and Loyola to the south. It presently houses E75, Reserve Engine 175 and E675, as well as an antique 1929 Ford Pumper. This station has a basement which houses spare tools and equipment. 

Apparatus

E75
2005 KME Excel
600 Gal Capacity
1250GPM pump

E175
2000 KME Excel
600 Gal Capacity
1250 GPM

E675
2002 KME, Ford F-550
300 Gal Capacity
150 GPM

Station History

According to the Los Altos History museum, the earliest record of volunteer firefighters dates back to 1928. At that time Los Altos was mostly rural farmland and there were only 3 volunteers. In 1939, the Los Altos County Fire District was established and the first station was located at 216 Main St. As the city grew the Los Altos Fire Station was built in 1968. In 1996, Los Altos Fire merged together with the Santa Clara County Fire Department.

Quick Facts
Built: 1968
Staffing: 1 engine company (3 personnel)
Apparatus: 
Engine 75
Engine 175
Engine 675
Size: 9,350 sq. ft. 3-bay, double deep, drive-through